PV Service Technician - Boulder, CO
Job Title: PV Service Technician
Location: Lee Hill Office, Boulder CO
Division/Department: Service Team
Reports to: Installation Manager
The PV & Service Technician is responsible for all technical support, troubleshooting and service-related issues. This individual will support all IPS staff including; electricians, installers, sales reps, and operations personnel by providing technical PV expertise. He/she will work closely with the Service Coordinator to execute all necessary service and installation needs.
- Technical programming and research for inverter and system electronics.
- Must have a great understanding of electrical troubleshooting.
- Must have the ability to use technical instruments to complete extensive troubleshooting and provide real-time reporting documentation.
- The PV Technician will be responsible to conduct job site walks to gather all necessary information and documentation to complete bid proposals.
- The PV technician will work directly with the Service Coordinator, Operations Manager and the Installation Manager to complete all required project documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance to the Service Coordinator to develop quotes and parts lists.
- Complete work according to the scheduled times as planned by IPS personnel in conjunction with the customer.
- Utilize Service Fusion to track all hours and notes for projects.
- Billing time to IPS overhead (ie. off-site work) will need to be conducted at the IPS office. This will give us full transparency to align all departments in unison.
- Transferring all documentation to the Service Coordinator and update Service Coordinator after every service call to ensure the proper steps can be taken to close out projects.
- Communicate with IPS personnel to review overall workload and schedule priorities.
- Perform installation work as required by Operations/Install Manager as the service schedule allows.
- Perform regular operation and maintenance inspection on existing IPS installation.
- Work with Installation Manager and Service Coordinator to develop service and training documentation to support and develop IPS processes.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree and NABCEP certification
- Knowledge Requirements: Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Internet and E-mail Usage
- Experience: Journeyman Electrician or Residential Wireman with 2+ years of experience, and a construction background
- Other Information: Full Time: Monday-Friday 40 hours a week. *Service Technician position is anticipated to be a part-time position. A 40 hour week will be supplemented by install technician work delegated by the Operations team.
How to Apply
To apply for the Service Technician position, please submit your resume to HR@solarips.com
We Strive to Be the Best
Because the owner of Independent Power Systems is a Master Electrician and Engineer, delivering high-quality products with superior design is a founding principle of our company.
Free No-Pressure Estimate
We don't believe in pressuring our customers to commit. We want what is best for you, your wallet, and our environment and we are happy to be your partner through the process.
Premium Products & Equipment
We are a SunPower Elite Dealer and one of the only local companies offering the SunVault Battery. We are also the only Blue Ion and Humless dealer in all of Colorado!
IPS is one of the oldest solar companies in both Colorado and Montana. We focus on quality workmanship and will provide you with options to fit your budget and your need!
Wide Range of Battery Options
We have the widest range of battery options in the state of Colorado! From AGM to SunPower and Blue Ion and more! We offer safe, long-lasting options that get the job done!
We Don't Do "Cookie Cutter" Systems
We will work with you to build a custom system that will give you the most value and offer the most savings for your own personal situation.