Service Technician - Boulder, CO
Job Title: Service Technician
Location: Lee Hill Office, Boulder CO
Reports to: Service Manager
Since 1996, Independent Power Systems (IPS) has a long history of providing exceptional customer service to homeowners and businesses. As the solar PV industry and IPS continue to grow and expand, so do the career opportunities for the right individuals. IPS is committed to safety, teamwork, and providing a workplace culture second to none. From the top-down, everyone contributes to the success of making IPS an industry leader. Currently, IPS is looking for a technically-minded person, who can learn and adapt, while providing the best possible customer experience.
The IPS Service Technician is a self-starter who has a can-do attitude and the resourcefulness to follow through. The Service Technician is the face of IPS and is expected to represent the company with the professionalism our customers have come to expect. The Service Technician is constantly learning and adapting as the solar PV industry evolves.
Responsibilities, Duties, & Tasks
- Receives work instructions from Service Manager and Lead Electrician
- Complies with safety and quality requirements established by internal policies and external regulations
- Triage and diagnose technical issues where field investigation is required
- Testing and commissioning of solar PV systems
- Identify solutions to resolve technical issues from installations
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and wire diagrams
- Perform planned maintenance work
- Maintains an efficient and clean work area
- Manage and resolve customer concerns and issues in a timely manner
- Provide training to customers about system components and maintenance
- Assist other operations and departments as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1-year experience in a technical role (Field Service preferred)
- Experience in the use of tools and diagnostic test equipment
- Ability to properly troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and document system issues
- Excellent listening skills and ability to communicate effectively in person, by email, and by phone
- Eagerness to learn and understand the nuances of system design and operation
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and on multiple tasks
- Electrical background preferred
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Meet physical requirements generally associated with field service repair such as continuous bending and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable working on ladders, roofs or varying heights and pitches, attics, basements, crawl spaces
- Comfortable working in various conditions, indoor and outdoor, during all four seasons in all weather conditions
- Proficient with basic computer software and online platforms (Word, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, email)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background screening
How to Apply
To apply for the Service Technician position, please submit your resume to HR@solarips.com
We Strive to Be the Best
Because the owner of Independent Power Systems is a Master Electrician and Engineer, delivering high-quality products with superior design is a founding principle of our company.
Free No-Pressure Estimate
We don't believe in pressuring our customers to commit. We want what is best for you, your wallet, and our environment and we are happy to be your partner through the process.
Premium Products & Equipment
We are a SunPower Elite Dealer and one of the only local companies offering the SunVolt Battery. We are also the only Blue Ion and Humless dealer in all of Colorado!
IPS is one of the oldest solar companies in both Colorado and Montana. We focus on quality workmanship and will provide you with options to fit your budget and your need!
Wide Range of Battery Options
We have the widest range of battery options in the state of Colorado! From AGM to SunPower and Blue Ion and more! We offer safe, long-lasting options that get the job done!
We Don't Do "Cookie Cutter" Systems
We will work with you to build a custom system that will give you the most value and offer the most savings for your own personal situation.