Job Title: Sales Consultant - $80K+
Reports to: Sales Manager
Sales Associates are responsible for overseeing the entire sales process from initial contact through job contract signing and any change orders required through completion of the project. Responsibilities include lead generation, networking, site evaluation, drafting proposals and contracts, presentation and closing. Sales consultant should be personable, detail-oriented, ambitious, and capable and willing to source commercial and residential solar prospects through lead generation. The Sales Consultant must be able to follow the IPS policies and efficiently working within IPS’ sales process and collaborating with both internal and external resources to get to final contract.
- Prospecting for residential and commercial leads in line with IPS’ market development strategies
- Work all leads, prospects and referrals assigned to you by IPS management
- Be entrepreneurial by seeking out new partnerships and building strong network of potential customers and lead generators
- Conduct site assessments, work with the Engineering team to price systems based on site analysis, customer profile, and system spec. parameters
- Evaluate prospects and potential projects to ensure they are the right fits for IPS. Respond and pursue RFPs and projects with professionalism and accurate proposals
- Actively prospect new customers via cold calling, canvassing, and other direct marketing activities
- Educate customers with a consultative selling approach focused on consulting on best value propositions and long-term value adds
- Progress prospects through the selling process and moving customers to a successful contract signing
- Be a self-starter with a creative mindset and eagerness to embrace change and challenges
- Understand customer electric usage, utility rate structures, solar incentives and solar value propositions with cash contracts and solar financing options
- Build relationships and close contracts with business owners, c-level executive and other principles
- Draft proposals and contracts for peer review and presentation to customer. Adeptly and confidently set customer expectations via explanation of contract terms, including financing and installation timelines due to permit requirements, procurement lead times, and utility rebate and/or local rebate application processes.
- Requires coordination with the Operations team in alignment with IPS’ Sales-to Ops processes.
- Follow up with all customers, generate repeat or referral business
- Assist marketing department and development of vertical strategies
- Complete Sunpower University solar training and on-site trainings
- Assist with special projects, events, trade shows, conferences, and meetings.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Education: Minimum 2 years of college completed and BA or, BS degree is preferred
- Knowledge Requirements: Fluency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with solar design tools.
- Experience: Successful sales experience a must, Contracting and/or solar experience is a plus.
- Compensation: Base + commission + IPS benefits package
Sales consultant must have own vehicle for travel to and from site assessments and various events. Must be able to work from home or remote office and must be flexible to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when needed.