- Title: Solar System Design Engineer
- Location: Lee Hill Office, Boulder CO
- Division/Department: Engineering
- Reports to: Operations Manager
Since 1996, Independent Power (IPS) has been designing and constructing solar based power systems for residences, businesses and military applications. Our primary scope of services is providing grid-interactive and completely off-grid solar and battery-based systems. We operate out of Boulder, Colorado and Bozeman, Montana with a company staff of thirty five.
The Solar Design Engineer position is responsible for designing solar and battery-based power systems and producing drawing sets for operations and jurisdictions.
Responsibilities, Duties, Tasks
- Selection and integration of components for a complete power system that meets performance and code requirements.
- Layout design using AutoCAD
- Performing electrical design calculations
- Performing limited structural design calculations via software applications
- Creating full permit plan sets
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S degree in either electrical or mechanical engineering
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and effectively with project managers, clients, consulting engineers, designers, and technical personnel, as well as manufacturing partners
- Willingness to learn and master relevant design applications
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Perform to a very high degree of accuracy
Desired Experience and certifications
- Experience as a solar PV designer
- Experience designing to NEC and building codes
- NABCEP PV Design Specialist Certification
- Full-time: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday in Boulder, CO office.
- Remote working possible
Employment Type & Benefits
- Full time
- Health care
- 401k plan
- 6 holidays
- Vacation plan
- $60k – $85k depending on experience
How to Apply
To apply for the Service Technician position, please submit your resume to HR@solarips.com or fill out the application below.