SOLAR BATTERY STORAGE SERVICES
Store Energy for When You Need it Most
Power what’s most important in your life with best-in-class solar battery backup systems from Independent Power. Our battery solutions feature the highest-quality components and safest battery chemistries to ensure your critical or whole house loads are reliably backed up—even if there’s an outage! We are proud to offer premium energy storage solutions like the American-made Blue Ion and Sun Xtender® deep-cycle AGM batteries capable of powering applications even in the harshest environments.
Learn more about battery backups for your home or business or start with a free quote to see if energy storage makes sense for your project. Call (303) 963-9669 today!
Benefits of Backup Solar Batteries
Independent Power partners with premium battery manufacturers like SunPower, Humless, and Rolls Surrette to offer best-in-class energy storage solutions for grid-tied and off-grid applications. Each battery is safe, reliable, and comes in a variety of sizes and capacities to meet your project’s energy needs.
Some common benefits to solar batteries are:
- Power when you need it most: Solar panels work during the day, but at night or on cloudy days, the solar batteries provide reserve power.
- Lower electricity bills: In areas with time-of-use rates or demand charges, batteries can help save energy during periods of high demand.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: Solar + storage helps you use more environmentally friendly energy, which means less pollution from fossil fuels.
Sizing Your Battery Bank
Worried about prolonged power outages or just looking to back up critical loads? You’ll need to size your battery system to ensure you have adequate reserves to meet your energy goals. Thankfully, the degree to which our systems provide backup power is adjustable depending on the size of the inverter, the size of the battery, and whether you choose to incorporate a generator or not. There is no limit on the size of the battery we can offer.
How Solar & Storage Works
A battery-based system provides a ‘reservoir’ of electricity that is ‘refilled’ by your solar panels when the sun is shining. At night or during an outage, you can then pull this stored energy from the batteries to power your critical loads! We offer scalable solutions to ensure your battery system is sized appropriately to meet your energy needs. From off-grid cabins to advanced microgrids and resiliency projects, we have decades of experience working with all kinds of battery technologies.
Our systems pair any inverter option with one of the premium battery technologies below. For inverters, we’re proud to offer the rugged Outback Power Systems Radian line of inverters, which we’ve been working with in our projects for nearly 20 years. With excellent reliability and a virtuous customer interface, the Radian series offers both grid-interactive and stand-alone capabilities in the same package.
SMALLER LOADS (4 KW)
- This power level offers plenty of power to run most major appliances and a combination of appliances.
- Examples of appropriate loads include gas furnace blowers, refrigerators, any and all sump pumps, smaller well pumps, and electronics and entertainment devices.
WHOLE HOUSE BACKUP (16 KW)
- This power level is recommended for whole-house power or for critical loads that are very large or likely to be operating at the same time such as a clothes washer and well pump.
- Examples of appropriate loads include all the appliance listed under the 4kW inverter plus mini-split HVAC units, central air conditioners, and most individual power tools or compressor-based tools.
LARGE HOMES (32 KW)
- This level of power will be sufficient to cover the most demanding homes or homes with large or multiple air-conditioners.
- Examples of appropriate loads include all appliances listed under the 4 kW and 8kW options plus multiple HVAC units or home medical equipment.
Larger inverters should be matched with a larger battery. Additional inverters can always be added if you are considering a future expansion of your system for increased power. Custom inverter systems can be built up to 80 kW.
We will work with you to build a custom system that will give you the most value and offer the most savings for your own personal situation.
We have the widest range of battery options in the state of Colorado! From AGM to SunPower and Blue Ion and more! We offer safe, long-lasting options that get the job done!
IPS is one of the oldest solar companies in both Colorado and Montana. We focus on quality workmanship and will provide you with options to fit your budget and your need!
We are a SunPower Elite Dealer and one of the only local companies offering the SunVault Battery. We are also the only Blue Ion and Humless dealer in all of Colorado!
OUR AWARD-WINNING SOLAR, ELECTRIFICATION AND ENERGY STORAGE TEAM IS A SUNPOWER ELITE DEALER ONLY USING THE MOST ADVANCED PRODUCTS ON THE MARKET TO ENSURE SYSTEMS THAT ARE HIGH-IMPACT AND ULTRA-DURABLE. Read Real Reviews
You have just completed a 6.5kw system for us, our second purchase from you, the first one 15 years ago on our old house. The advance in technology is amazing!” - Lou B.
“They are professional, experienced and responsive;” - Robert D.
“I appreciated Andrew’s presentation” - Jonathan H.
“Russ at IPS was helpful, providing me good information through the selection process. Hoping the project goes as smoothly!” - Robert L.
“IPS Helped when my inverter company couldn't!” - Joshua T.
“IPS just finished my system in Estes Park, CO and I strongly recommend this company.” - R. K.
“Install was quick and professional. Sales person answered all my questions. System is working as expected.” - Jerry S.
“Awesome process from beginning to end. All phases and all people we encountered were were professionals,” - Jim M
CUSTOM CLEAN-ENERGY SOLUTIONS HARNESS THE POWER OF NATURE
- Montana 2430 N Ave #6 Bozeman, MT 59715 [Map & Directions]
- Colorado 1501 Lee Hill Rd. #24 Boulder, CO 80304 [Map & Directions]